Friends, today we’ll talk about effective psychological tricks that will help you communicate correctly with your colleagues at work, teach you how to motivate people, tell you how to achieve your goal, while remaining polite. All of you will need these helpful tips.
Psychological techniques and tips that everyone needs to know:
1. To avoid drama at work and to please everyone, you need to compliment the people behind them.
2. The phrase “I need your help with …” is very powerful. People need to feel needed that something is changing due to their actions. If you let them know it, it leads to real change.
3. During an argument: first find something to agree to, and then push your position.
4. It is better to say “You are right” instead of “I know.” Then you won’t look like a fool, because the other person may have just found out about it.
5. If you need to remember something, think about it by doing something unusual. As a result, the memory will be linked to this “something” and in the future “something” will call this particular memory. For example, if you need to take out the trash before bed, place your pillow on the other end of the bed.
6. If you lend something to someone, he will most likely take it. This is the most fun psychological trick.
7. If someone is shy talking to you, then I advise you to look at him and occasionally nod your head. It helps such people to keep the conversation going.
8. Instead of “Are there any questions?” ask “What questions do you have?” The first most often ends with silence, and the second creates a comfortable environment that helps people to get together and ask a question that interests them.
9. If you always seem happy when you meet someone, then sooner or later they will also be glad to see you. Be kind, even to fools. It’s funny to watch them gradually calm down if you don’t give in to anger.
Do not insult people, but let them understand what you would like from them. For example, if someone is obviously being rude, say that you really like it when he / she speaks to you politely. They cannot object to this and gradually realize their mistake.
First ask for something impossible and get rejected, and then ask for what you need. This technique is called “Door to Face”. During an argument, stay calm and focus on the problem, not the person.
If you want to give away some criticism, try to squeeze it between two positive facts about the person (positive – negative – positive). This is usually how people perceive criticism better.
Want to get people to treat you well? Ask them for a favor, even the smallest one, like “could you hold my pen for a couple of seconds.” This deceives the brain because it thinks “I agreed to help this person, so I like him, otherwise I would not.”
10. Thank people for the qualities you want from them. Instead of apologizing to the client for being late, thank them for their patience and understanding. Works flawlessly.
11. Don’t say “it’s okay” when someone has apologized to you. Better to say “thanks for apologizing.”
12. Be direct and subjective when you need something. Instead of asking “does anyone have a pen” ask “who has a pen.” Instead of asking someone to call an ambulance, say, “So, in a blue jacket, what’s your name? Ok, Tom, call the ambulance and tell them when they come to us. ”
13. When I know that someone is hiding something from me, I just look at them and keep quiet: I don’t nod, I hint, I just look. Silence usually pulls out the truth or some detail from a person. The trick is called aggressive listening.
14. If you have to listen to someone else’s excuses, or if that person is just behaving incorrectly, most often the best way is to just look at them with mild interest and not respond. If you do not ask them any questions, they will simply drive themselves into a corner and become confused in their own words.
Now you know the most effective psychological techniques that will help you both in communicating with colleagues at work and with your family at home. I advise you to try the “Door to Face” technique on your household – ask them to wash the dishes. Tell us, did everyone get what they wanted?