French manicure appeared almost four decades ago. Over the years, nail care has changed, new trends have appeared, but the established traditions have remained the same.
French manicure: origins
To remember how it all began, you need to delve into the history of the development of Hollywood. The task of the cinema specialists was to come up with a universal manicure that would suit all the toilets of the stars and in harmony with any image.
The founder of the ORLY varnish brand, businessman Jeff Pink, received the task from the directors to figure out how to paint the nails of actresses. At this time, the American was already selling white pencils that had to be applied under the protruding edge of the nails to make them look clean and tidy.
The view turned out to be very dignified, but after each contact with water, I had to re-draw a white strip. A short time later, Jeff came up with an ingenious, free and easy-to-perform manicure, turning to a naturalness that never goes out of style. The businessman simply decided that the white stripe should be applied over the nail plate, using varnish for this. In the 70s, varnishes of this color were not produced, only bright colors were on sale.
But Pink still found the right shade and presented his invention to the director. He was delighted and confidently declared that Jeff should receive an Oscar for this invention.
The original name in English sounded like this – “Natural Nail”, that is, the main emphasis was on naturalness. The nails in light pink and peach tones with delicate white piping around the edge were a genius discovery. A beautiful jacket has become just that constituent element in which the entire fashion industry lacked.
General acceptance of French manicure
A little later, Jeff Pink began to work with the best models and fashion models in France, where the world-famous manicure got its present name. Pink didn’t like the original and a bit rustic “Natural Nail,” which is why he didn’t mind when the manicure was called French, and approved this name as formal. The Americans could not forgive Pink for this, because the technique itself was not invented in France. But using the name of a country whose capital was considered a trendsetter was a great marketing ploy to promote and popularize a new product. Many people associate everything French with quality, recognition, beauty and standard, and Jeff Pink was right in this.
Types of French manicure
Most women, regardless of social status and age, prefer French to all other manicures. This is not surprising at all, since it has many advantages. This manicure allows you to:
- enjoy the beauty of nails for a long time;
- experiment with decor and design;
- preserve the natural beauty of the nail plates;
- hide minor imperfections. < / li>
A correctly modeled manicure will look aesthetically pleasing and attractive. At the same time, a true master of his craft will create beauty on nails of any shape and length – short, long, square, narrowed, oblong, oval. But you need to remember that, first of all, the beauty of any manicure depends on proper nail care. Therefore, one should not forget about this either.
Now the design of the jacket has changed in many ways. This is not only a neutral pink nail color and a neat white edge. The multi-colored jacket is no less popular than the classics, so you can only be surprised at the variety of this type of manicure. Each girl will be able to find an ideal option for herself in all respects.
There are such variants of French
- Chevron. A special crescent shape in the form of the English letter V.
- Millennium. A distinctive feature is the presence of shimmering decorative elements at the tip of the nail. It can be glitter or sparkling micro-dust.
- A classic jacket. Even children probably know what this design looks like. The tip of the nail is white, the so-called “smile” line is deep. Pastel base is applied to the entire nail plate. The base can be either a natural nail or an extended nail.
- Fan. This design is preferred by extravagant and creative personalities, as unusual elements such as feathers or lace are used for decoration.
- Crystal. Very beautiful French manicure, the technique of which involves the design of the nail plate in a delicate pink color, and the tip – under the crystal.
- Colored jacket. The edge of the nail can be painted in a variety of colors. Such a cheerful and bright jacket is especially liked by young girls. The gradient of the transition of the crescent zone from one color to another looks especially interesting, while the main background is painted with a transparent composition. A cute mosaic manicure looks catchy, but stylish and attractive. It involves the use of puzzles in the smile zone.
- Reverse moon. A characteristic feature is the use of white for coloring not the tip of the nail plate, but its base.
Another category is wedding French manicure. Many brides prefer it, as it perfectly emphasizes the tenderness of the image. A French with rhinestones is an excellent solution for such a solemn day, especially if Swarovski crystals are used, which are distinguished by their bright shine. This will give the bride a special chic and luxury.
For everyday life, you can choose a simpler option – different beads, stones, rhinestones look beautiful and are combined with any coating. Craftsmen note that shiny decorative elements look best on the matte texture of the varnish. So rhinestones literally shine against a muted background. But this design of nails has one drawback – it is not very suitable for everyday days, as it brings inconvenience (from a practical point of view). Therefore, it is better to postpone options with rhinestones for outings or special events.
An unusual jacket always attracts special attention to its owner, so it is not surprising that girls are not averse to experimenting with their nails.
Technique for performing French manicure
The process itself may vary slightly depending on the length of the nail plates and the type of varnish used. But in general, the picture looks like this:
- Pre-preparation of nails. This includes leveling the length, removing cuticles, polishing, applying a nutrient.
- Treatment of the nail plates with a degreaser.
- Application of the base under the varnish.
- Drying in a special ultraviolet lamp … This step takes no more than 2 minutes.
- Draw the smile line with a brush.
- Apply the color composition.
- Third drying in a UV lamp.
- Coating the nail plates with top.
- Final drying.
But first you need to prepare the necessary set of tools and materials. This includes a lamp, base coat, top gel, camouflage gel polish, primer, cleaner, non-woven wipes, stiff petal brush, cuticle oil, nail file.
The design of a French manicure can be any, but it always looks natural, feminine and gentle. For women, the most important thing is that it suits almost any outfit and for any mood.